Friday

Lagerfeld Confidental

Do yourself a favour. Find this DVD somewhere. Lagerfeld Confidental. Its an intimate documentary on fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld. I watched it the other night and it was mesmorising. Highly recommended. Somehow, after watching the documentary you will finally 'get' Lagerfeld (note: Lagerfeld did not edit the final film. at all. say no to censorship). 



























Lagerfeld Confidental Quotes: 

On fashion and fantasy: "I'm not interested in the reality of people."

On prostitution: "I'm rather pro-prostitution. I admire people who do it. It can't be much fun. Thank goodness for it. People need relief or they become murderers."



On fashion and snobbery: "If you want social justice, be a social worker."

On his youth: "When I was 11 or 12 I was assaulted by a man and a woman. The Germans are rather like that."

On friendship: "Friendship is often used to describe something you are indifferent about. You shouldn't trivialise these things."

Notice in the men's toilets in Chanel office: "Pissing everywhere isn't very Chanel."

On his career: "When I took on Chanel she was a sleeping beauty. Not even a beautiful one. She snored."

Word used to describe the lesser-known, younger models in a Chanel show: Brats.

On, um, building sites: "I love the smell of building sites."

On possessions (despite owning a library and at least 25 iPods): "I don't care for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment